
Could it really be tomorrow, already?! That teeny tiny little 7 lb 1 oz baby that I held in my arms... That little one that I just could not take my eyes off of. (If I hadn't, I would not have believed she was mine as I didn't think she looked anything like me at all! Never mind that I pushed the kid out and saw her exit from my own belly...)
Time has flown by-- too fast.
Named by God (the day that we had her ultrasound, the lady said "it's a girl" and I heard in my Spirit, "Abigail." I told Nick what happened that day over lunch and he asked me to look up what it meant. I looked it up the next day and told him, "Father's joy," so he responded, "and what's her middle name? We looked and looked until we found the perfect name- Moriah, which means "God is my teacher"), carried in my womb... entrusted to me... to nurture and grow in the admonition of the Lord.
Children are a gift from the Lord, they are a reward from Him. (Psalm 127:3)
I must say, it has been an incredible joy to watch her grow and grow and grow... to the healthy 27.9 pound petite little girl that she is. You'd think we've starved her... she just grows on her own curve. :o) Actually, I'm not the least bit surprised, as I was the smallest kid in my class from the moment I started school. By 6th grade, I was only about 1/2 as big as the girls next to me for our class picture... maybe smaller in both height AND weight! I remember my Grandma saying so that day and when I look at the pictures, I concede! At the time, I was mocked and teased about it, but now that my little girl is walking those same shoes, I can see the genetics playing a role and hopefully I can instill in her that God made her perfectly in His image. Besides, no weapon formed against her shall prosper! Insecurity in who God has made us to be has no place in a child of God!! At least I don't believe that God wants us walking around feeling inferior!!
Anyway, Happy 4th Birthday tomorrow, my sweet little Abigail Moriah. Love you, Sweetheart!!

brandy..whr r u?? we miss you. I know life gets busy. look at mine..it was 3-4 wks since I posted. don't get burned out...one day you can have this printed and in a book and it will be your daily life journal. it will be worth it.
ReplyDeleteHey! I just read this for the first time. How sweet!!! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete