Thursday, December 11, 2008

The 9th Day of Christmas- Walking Christmas Tree Lane

This is our third year visiting Christmas Tree Lane. The first year, Nick and I drove 5 mph with tiny little 11 month old Abigail (who needed to nurse and was very upset that Mommy wanted to follow the law and stop the car before getting her out of her carseat. Daddy knocked some sense into me, though, and she enjoyed the ride much more in Mommy's arms!). Last year, we walked the stretch with The Core (we were both young enough to be a part of that group still... this year, Daddy's too old0 LOL!) It was so freezing that I was more wise this year! I bundled us all up with hats, jackets, gloves, and even some snow pants for me and blankets for the kids in the double stroller. Didn't help Ethan stay warm, but I sure was! :o) [He was warm by the time he fell asleep, though.]

I love Snoopy and Woodstock! This is one of my favorite scenes. I thought some viewers might like the motorcycle. :o)
Well, here's the gang- minus the photographer. This year, we went with the Gibbs family and Larena's Dad (Greg) and sister (Catherine)... and their two "german shephards" (according to a policeman who was blocking traffic for us).
This picture, I took for you, Daddy. Remember when we used to go skiing- just the two of us? I found my snow hat yesterday, although I don't think Nick would have appreciated me wearing that crazy hat in public- LOL! I'm really missing you this year. The holidays are always the hardest, they say. I'm so glad that I have the hope of seeing you again, though. I know you're taking good care of whatever job God has given you (looking over God's Garden or his animals, no doubt.) I love you so much and I wish you could have been here to meet Ethan. He's got so much life in him- so adventurous. Abigail is growing like a weed, too. She's brilliant in every way. Wish they could have known their Grandpa Ken. They will, though, and it will be better than I ever could have imagined. I love you. Your little girl, Brandy

3 comments:

  1. Such a good post Brandy. You brought tears to my eyes with the little note to your daddy. I have no idea what that's like, but I know you do have eternity to look forward to, just like you said. Praise God for that! I love you and I am so glad we were able to spend this year on Christmas Tree Lane together. Next time, remind me to take a picture of you and your family! I usually have my camera, but you know it doesn't take night pics well. You just have to knock me over the head with yours next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Brandy! This is one of our favorite family traditions! We'll miss it this year! Looks like you had a great time though. Don't you love making the memories? Sounds like you have some great ones of your Dad too! Very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I like the motorcycle. And I love the note to your dad. How blessed he is to be there helping to prepare a place for you!
    Do they still do Christmas in the park too?

    ReplyDelete