Abigail is finally old enough to start doing my favorite thing- make stuff! I have been spending so much time this season figuring out different crafts that we can do together just to expose her to new crafts and get those creative juices flowing.
Today, we made a "gingerbread house" together. Okay, so I have to confess that I've never tackled this one on my own, so doing it with her for the first time was quite an experience. Those of you who know me, know that I have a hard time allowing my kids to eat candy, so I went into this knowing that this would be a candy-full experience (and probably a no-nap day again!) 

She had so much fun opening all the candy and "trying it to make sure it's good" (that's usually her job when we're cooking!), then when she got the hang of what Mommy was doing with dipping the candy in the frosting- she was all over it and Mommy wasn't really allowed to do too much more. :o)
I still have no idea how to make a sloped roof on our house, but that's alright. We had fun, it looks great, and it tastes REALLY good! Can't wait for Daddy to come home and see it so we can eat it for dessert! :o)
I still have no idea how to make a sloped roof on our house, but that's alright. We had fun, it looks great, and it tastes REALLY good! Can't wait for Daddy to come home and see it so we can eat it for dessert! :o) 


WOW Brandy! Look at you go!!! However, I think you need to read the rules again. HaHa. just kidding...I love reading all your posts and your pictures are just as great! Thanks for sharing all your traditions, and new traditions!
ReplyDeleteok scratch my last comment about the rules..I checked yours yesterday and didn't see any updates so I thought you did all this today! LOL. My bad. But I wonder what happened. Anyways, still love all the posts!
ReplyDeleteI got it, I got it!!!! I got your site feed!!!! Woo-hoo, I'm so excited!!! How'd you do it??
ReplyDeleteBrandy, you guys did a great job on your gingerbread house! This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. Hopefully this becomes one of yours! It's so much fun and the kids look forward to it every year!
ReplyDelete