Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hail falls in Clovis

This afternoon, I was on the phone with Larena. I heard the kids in the background squealing and screaming- what began as thunder quickly turned into a hail storm. I heard the thunder outside momentarily. I called out to Abigail (as I was nursing Ethan to sleep at the time) and asked her to check outside. Was it hailing here? No. Darn. Larena and I got off the phone as they were so excited to see the storm... and I detached Ethan... within moments, I could hear pounding outside and Abigail and I ran downstairs, opened the door- and the ground began to be covered with rock salt size balls of ice. Here are pictures from the front porch:

And these were taken in the backyard:


The best part, though, was this evening. Daddy came home from work and wanted to take us shopping. He needed to get some gift basket for an auction at church, so we headed for Costco (one of our favorite stores!). As we were driving, it started to rain and we forgot rain jackets. At least Daddy and Abigail had hoodies on and we had the umbrella in the back. So, Daddy would get Abigail and I would carry Ethan under the umbrella. We quickly walked toward Costco and AS SOON AS Nick and Abigail (who were behind Ethan and me) stepped foot under the awning, more giant hail pounded down. God had it hold off just in time for not a single drop to fall on us! He's so good to us!! :o) [And my car wasn't injured from the pounding either!]

No comments:

Post a Comment