Friday, December 19, 2008

The Bradley Method

Alright, so I've gotta tell you about my second job. I teach "The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth" aka Husband-Coached Childbirth. It's a series of 12 classes, where we stress relaxation, positive communications, and being well informed. Pastor Robyn told me about the Bradley Method in conjunction with Supernatural Childbirth when I was pregnant with Ethan. I hoped and prayed that I would have a fast, easy, painless labor and delivery with him and I can only brag on God that He did it. Once Ethan was here, we prayed and realized that one of the callings God has for my life is to teach other women how to have babies this way!

This week, I finished the 4th and started the 5th series of classes. I had 5 couples sign up for this new class- which is the most so far, but only 2 of those showed up. I was a little disappointed, but one of the couples called today and she just couldn't make it that night (I forgot her husband was flying in- he's been oversees, in the service), one couple cancelled (he started a night class on Wednesdays), and the last couple hasn't returned my call yet. Believing she'll be here next time, though. :o)

I'm very excited to spend this incredible time in life with these couples, to help them strengthen their marriages (although they don't know that at the onset of class) and the family unit... to witness to them with our lives... to pray for God's hand over their lives... and to walk them through the last stage of their pregnancy. I help them learn how to eat for their baby, how to do pregnancy exercises, how to communicate with their birth team... and help give them the confidence that they can have a natural birth. And even if they just can't make it without drugs, they are at least allowing their baby more time unmedicated and perhaps allowing less medication to reach baby (because they wait so much longer to take anything and perhaps don't take things they may have otherwise accepted.)

I can't imagine a better birthday present than to come into this world wide eyed and clear minded. I just know that Ethan came straight from the throne room of God and I didn't allow anything to hinder his memory of that incredible place! You should have seen how his eyes shone when I talked to him about God as a newborn. His first smile was when I was reading the bible to him! Now, I can't say for sure what no drugs did for him, I just know that God intervened and I'm grateful for every blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment